The Funny Papers Poncho is made entirely in garter stitch, making it an easy pattern to complete. It uses a provisional cast on to create a seamless look in the finished piece. The large needles make the stitches open so that it is slightly transparent. Dress it up or down, it works for many occasions!
Funny Papers Poncho
Easy Skill Level
Designed by Jessie Rayot
one size fits most
Miss Babs Hot Shot fingering yarn; Funny Papers – 220 g/800 yds
14 sts x 26 rows = 4” [10 cm] in garter stitch
scrap yarn for pco
Stitches and Abbreviations:
pco – provisional cast on
st(s) – stitch(es)
HERE is a video to help with the provisional cast on.
- PCO 80
- Knit all rows until piece measures 30 inches long
- Label corner with active yarn “A”, label other corner on needles “B”, label corner below that “C”, label last corner “D”
- Knit from A – B, then pick up and knit into the the provisional cast on from C to D.
- Rows will now have 160 sts
- Knit all rows until joined section measures 20″ long.
- Bind off all sts knit wise.
- Weave in all ends.
Wear or give and enjoy!
If you have any questions, want to share pictures of your work, or just want to chat with Jessie and other crafty individuals, than join my Facebook group.
© Copyright 2018 Jessie Rayot / Jessie At Home All my videos, patterns, charts, photos and posts are my own work, so you may not copy them in any way. If you want to share this information with someone, then share the link to this post. If you want to share on your own blog / website, then you may use the first photo in this post and link back to this post. Also, you may not give away printed copies of this post.