Knit a square then make a bunny: Bunny Squared! It really is that easy. You can use nearly any solid knit or crochet square.
I’ve even included a pattern for a basic knit garter stitch square in this tutorial to get you started. This creative craft is a great way to turn your gauge swatches into something fun.
Easy Skill Level
Designed by Jessie Rayot
Paintbox Yarns Simply DK: (100% Acrylic), Size 3 (12 wpi, DK weight), 302 yds / 100 g, (yds/g = 3.02)
Daffodil Yellow 121 (small): (20 yds / 7 g)
Tea Rose 142 (medium): (45 yds / 15 g)
Spearmint Green 125 (medium): (45 yds / 15 g)
Marine Blue 133 (large): (90 yds / 30 g)
4.0mm (US 6)
Gauge: Learn about gauge HERE
23 sts x 46 rows = 4” [10 cm] in garter stitch
Pom Pom Maker (optional)
Stitches and Abbreviations: click on highlighted sts for tutorials
bo – bind off
co – cast on
k – knit
st(s) – stitch(es)
- Read through all instructions before beginning.
Co 23 (35, 46)
Row 1: K all.
Repeat Row 1 until piece is square.
Bind off then weave in all ends.
- Fold square in half both ways and mark the center on 3 sides.
- With a 24” piece of yarn, sew a running stitch from center of one side to center of side across, to center of side above, and back to original point.
- Slowly start to pull ends of yarn to gather triangle just stitched.
- Fill gathered section with Poly Fil to make head.
- Pull yarn ends tight and tie in knot to hole head and ears in place
- If you want to adjust the fold in the ears, do so and sew through the bottoms of the ears a few times to hold them as you want them.
- Sew the back seam shut so there is just a round opening at the end.
- Sew a running stitch around the opening.
- Fill body half way with stuffing.
- Finish filling with Poly Pellets so the Bunny will stay how you sit it.
- Pull the end of the yarn to close the running stitch around the end.
- Stitch the gathered section so it doesn’t come undone.
- Weave in all ends.
- Add a pom pom for a tail.
- Stitch on a face if you’d like.
If you are going to make this Bunny Squared then get some supplies from these affiliate links.
If you have any questions, want to share pictures of your work, or just want to chat with Jessie and other crafty individuals, than join my Facebook group.
© Copyright 2020 Jessie Rayot / Jessie At Home All my videos, patterns, charts, photos and posts are my own work, so you may not copy them in any way. If you want to share this information with someone, then share the link to this post. If you want to share on your own blog / website, then you may use the first photo in this post and link back to this post. Also, you may not give away printed copies of this post.
If you liked this Bunny Squared pattern, then take a look at these!
Want to get the latest posts from Jessie at Home delivered straight to your email?
Subscribe to the Jessie at Home newsletter! We'll send you the latest patterns and tutorials. We will never spam you, promise to never sell your email address, and you can unsubscribe at any time.