Rolled brim knit hats are fun to wear and easy to make. Roly Poly Hatty allows you to just go with the natural roll of stockinette stitch to make a fashion statement.
No increases or decreases are used in this pattern, so it’s super simple to make. You just knit up a tube and then gather the top to create a stylish little flourish on the top. Everyone is going to want one, and with all these sizes you can make them all happy!
Roly Poly Hatty
Easy Skill Level
Designed by Jessie Rayot
XS (S, M, L)
Fits: 18 (20, 22, 24)
Measures: 15 (17, 19, 21)
Gauge: Learn about gauge HERE
16 sts x 24 rows = 4” [10 cm] in stockinette stitch
- Read through all instructions before beginning.
- Use a stitch marker to keep track of where each Rnd ends.
- Stripes in sample are 10 Rnds of main color, then 1 Rnd each of 3 other colors.
Rolled Brim Knit Hat Pattern
CO 60 (68, 76, 84) – begin working in rounds.
Rnd 1 (RS): K all.
Repeat Rnd 1 until piece measures 8 (9, 10, 12) inches.
Bind off all sts then weave in ends and move onto finishing.
- Thread 3 strands of 30” of yarn onto yarn needle.
- Measure down 1.5” from bind off and sew a running stitch around hat.
- Pull yarn so the ends are even, then tie tightly to gather top.
- Tie a bow if desired, or attach pom poms or tassels to ends of ties.
Wear or give and enjoy!
If you are going to make this rolled brim knit hat then get some supplies from these affiliate links.